Standard Modular Design,
2-door structure for good access,
PVD + PECVD processes.
1. Flexibility: Arc and sputtering cathodes, Ion source mounting flanges are standardized for flexible exchange;
2. Versatility: can deposit variety of base metals and alloys; optical coatings, hard coatings, soft coatings, compound films and solid lubricating films on the metallic and non-metallic materials substrates.
3. Straight forward design: 2-door structure, front & back opening for easy maintenance.
The Multi950 machine is a customized multiple functions vacuum deposition system for R&D. With half year’s discussion with Shanghai University’s team leaded by Professor Chen, we finally confirmed the design and configurations to fulfill theirs R&D applications. This system is able to deposit transparent DLC film with PECVD process, hard coatings on tools, and optical film with sputtering cathode. Based on this pilot machine design concept, we have developed 3 other coating systems after then:
1. Bipolar Plate Coating for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles- FCEV1213,
2. Ceramic Direct Plated Copper- DPC1215,
3. Flexible Sputtering System- RTSP1215.
These 4 models machine are all with Octal chamber, flexible and reliable performances are extensively used in various applications. It satisfy the coating processes require multi different metal layers: Al, Cr, Cu, Au, Ag, Ni, Sn, SS and many other non-feeromagnetic metals;
plus the Ion source unit, efficiently enhance films adhesion on different substrate materials with its plasma etching performance and, the PECVD process to deposit some carbon-based layers.
The Multi950 is the milestone of advanced design coating systems for Royal Tech. Here, we grateful thanks Shanghai University students and especially Process Yigang Chen, his creative and selfless dedication are unlimited values and inspired our team.
In year 2018, we had another project cooperation with Pressor Chen, the C-60 material deposition by
Inductive thermal evaporation method. We heartfully thank Mr. Yimou Yang and Professor Chen's leading and instruction on every innovative project.
Multi950 - Technical Specifications
Deposition chamber (mm)
Width x Depth x Heigh
1050 x 950 x 1350
1 pair of MF sputtering cathodes
1 pair of PECVD
8 sets arc cathodes
Linear Ion Source
Plasma Uniformity Zone (mm)
φ650 x H750
6 x φ300
Bias: 1 x 36
MF: 1 x 36
PECVD: 1 x36
Arc: 8 x 5
Ion Source: 1 x 5
Gas Control System
MFC: 4 + 1
500℃, with thermalcouple PID control
High Vacuum Gate Valve
2 x 2000L/S
1 x 300L/S
Rotary Vanes Pump
1 x 90 m³/h + 1 x 48 m³/h
Footprint (L x W x H ) mm
3000 * 4000 * 3200
Total Power (KW)
Royal Tech's service and engineering teams provide customer support onsite, contact us for your applications!