Magnetron Sputtering + PECVD HMDSO Top Coatings
Automotive logos and injection moulding plastic interior trims vacuum metallization by PVD has been using thermal evaporation traditionally, however, now Royal Technology developed the advanced coating solution which is:
PVD magnetron sputtering deposition + PECVD (HMDSO) process.
Compared with thermal evaporation of aluminum, the sputtering deposition’s thickness and uniformity can be controlled easily by adjusting the working voltage/current and coating time.
Also, due to the higher kinetic energy of sputtering process compared with thermal evaporation, adhesion and hardness are much better.
The most important advantage is, with sputtering deposition, it is possible to get integrated with the injection production line directly and generate a continuous production process.
1. Vacuum Metalizing( & Sputtering System) Equipment
A: Automotive Lighting Reflectors
B: Exterior & Interior Trims, handles
C: Automotive LOGO LED board
D: Bezels and bumpers
2. The substrate materials:
2.1. BMC part
2.2. PC+ABS, ABS
2.3. Aluminum alloy
3. For car lighting PVD coating, there are 2 techniques: DC magnetron sputtering and Resistance Thermal evaporation. Our standardized machine models:
RTEP1600-HMDSO, chamber inner size (diameter*H mm ) 1600*1980
RTEP1800-HMDSO, chamber inner size (diameter*H mm ) 1800*1980
RTSP1420-HMDSO,chamber inner size (diameter*H mm ) 1420*1980
RTSP1420-HMDSO, is for fast cycle demand (10 mins per cycle) which connect with Plastic Injection machine, after injection the parts go to PVD chamber directly for PVD+ HMDSO top coating.
4. HMDSO coating process by Vacumm metallizing system
1) Plasma Ionization Pre-treatment -- glow discharging, standard gas is Argon and N2 is for optional.
2) PECVD reaction -- HMDSO base coating to enhance the adhesion between substrate and Aluminum layer.
3) Aluminum thermal evaporation
4) PECVD reaction -- HMDSO top coating
Welcome to contact us now for more information, we are pleased to participate in your next PVD coating project.
|Contact Person :||Ms. ZHOU XIN|