R2R Machine Layout
The RT-R2R web aluminum vacuum metallizer features support a range of functionalities that make it the ideal choice for any industrial workshop.
First, it has a high throughput rate which helps to reduce production costs. It also has a heavy deposition layer which is perfect for high barrier applications. Moreover, its process of free-span eliminates the need for a drum line and edge trim. This makes it particularly friendly for low tension substrates like CPP, BOPP and LDPE.
In addition, it has individual wire feeds that make it very user-friendly. Maintenance is also easy. The web handling mechanism with servo motor drives gives precision control at any line speed. Lastly, the compact design occupies minimal floor space for easy installation.
|The MultiWeb Coater provides the following key features:
|A. One chamber divided into multi-pressure zones to accommodate various deposition sources.
|B. Multi-Source simultaneous deposition capabilities in one web pass, for multi-layer coating.
|C. Reversible web winding direction enables deposition of unlimited layers without breaking vacuum.
|D. Precision web handling mechanisms with edge-guide to allow multiple passes without loss of alignment. (Optional)
|E. AC Invert web drive system for accurate control of multiple web speeds.
|F. In-line optical and/or resistance thickness monitoring systems, to control precise deposition thickness and uniformity. (Optional)
|G. Chamber is constructed of SUS304L Stainless with low out gassing components to insure deeper vacuum.
|H. Vacuum pumping by a combination of turbo-molecular pump and low temperature cryogenics, to provide clean vacuum without moisture or oil contamination.
|1. Substrate material: PET, PEN, PES, PI, PC, PA, TAC... Films
|2. Substrate thickness: 15~300μm
|3. Deposition methods: AC Reactive for SiO2(Dielectric); Pulsed DC for ITO (Metal & Conductor)
|4. Oxide conductor TCO: ITO, AZO, IZO...
|5. Metal conductor: Al, Cu, Mo, Ag...
|6. Optical film: Ta2O5, Nb2O5, SiO2, TiO2...
|7. Semiconductor: ZnO, InGaZnO...
|8. Insulator: SiO2, SiNx, AlOx, AlNx...
|9. Uniformity: ±5% Across Web
|Vacum chamber body: single chamber multi-pressure zones
|Moveable carriages: Web Carriage
|Deposion Zone: 2 X Sputtering Zone (Optional: 3 Sputtering Zone)
|Sputtering Source: 2 X Dual Cathode Sputter Source (Optional: 3 Dual Cathode Sputter Source)
|Substrate Pre-treater: Linear Ion Source
|Web Width: 1300mm
|Winding Diameter: Φ600mm Max
|Winding Direction: Bi-directional
|Substrate thickness: 15~300μm
|Web Line Speed:0.5~10M/min
|Web Tension: 5.0PLI Max 0.5PLI Min
|Web Alignment: ±3mm (one pass)
|Hi-Vacuum Pump: Turbo Pump
|Rough Vacuum Pump: Dry pump & Blower combination
|Moisture Pump: Polycold Cryogenic
|Deposition Thickness Control: Monitoring (Optional)
|a: Transmit Optical; b: Eddy Current Resistance
|System Operation: PLC Based Computer System Operation
|The vacuum chamber is constructed as a horizontal box made of SUS304L polished stainless steel, with the one ends flanged openings. The divided zone lower section will contain the deposition source with accessories, while the upper section will accommodate the web carriage.
|Chamber construction: Horizontal box with one flanged openings
|Chamber structure: Single chamber multi-pressure zone
|Chamber frame: SS41 Mild steel, painted
|Chamber material: SUS304L Polished stainless steel
|Pressure Zone Divider: Aluminum plate
|View port material: Polycarbonate
|Vacuum pressure zones: 4 ( 1 Winding Zone, 2 Deposition Zones, 1 Buffer Zone)
The process of R2R (Roll-to-Roll) web vacuum metallizing involves depositing a thin layer of metal, typically aluminum, onto a flexible substrate in a continuous roll-to-roll manner. Here are the key steps involved in the process:
1. Substrate Unwinding: The process begins with a roll of the flexible substrate material, which is unwound and fed into the metallizing machine.
2. Cleaning and Pre-Treatment: The substrate may pass through a cleaning section to remove any surface contaminants that could affect the adhesion of the metal coating. Following cleaning, the substrate may undergo pre-treatment processes such as corona treatment or primer application to enhance the bonding between the substrate and the metal layer.
3. Metallization Chamber: The heart of the R2R web vacuum metallizing equipment is the metallization chamber. The substrate enters the chamber, which is maintained at a high vacuum. The chamber typically consists of a series of evaporation sources or cathodes, which contain the metal (such as aluminum) to be deposited.
4. Metal Evaporation: The metal within the evaporation sources is heated to its evaporation point. As the metal evaporates, it forms a vapor cloud within the chamber. The vaporized metal atoms travel in straight lines and condense onto the moving substrate, forming a thin, uniform metal layer.
5. Substrate Cooling: After the metallization process, the coated substrate passes through a cooling section, where the metal layer solidifies and stabilizes.
6. Substrate Winding: Finally, the metallized substrate is wound onto a roll, ready for further processing or use in various applications.
It's worth noting that the specific details and parameters of the R2R web vacuum metallizing process can vary depending on factors such as the desired metal coating, substrate material, and intended application. The process can be optimized to control factors like coating thickness, adhesion, and uniformity to meet specific requirements.
R2R web vacuum metallizing offers advantages such as high production speeds, precise control over coating thickness, excellent adhesion, and the ability to process a wide range of flexible substrates, making it a versatile and widely used technique in industries such as packaging, electronics, automotive, and more.
Sputtering Cathodes Distribution
Our team of experienced technicians provides superior technical support and service for our Roll to Roll Coating Machine.
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you have about the machine and its operations. Our technicians are knowledgeable in all aspects of the machine's operation and maintenance, and can provide expert advice to ensure the best performance of the machine.
We also provide preventive maintenance and emergency service for your Roll to Roll Coating Machine. Our technicians have access to the latest technologies and training to ensure your machine is performing optimally. We also offer on-site training and technical support for the machine, as well as spare parts and accessories.
We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction, and we are committed to ensuring that your Roll to Roll Coating Machine delivers the highest quality product every time. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
|Contact Person :