Copper Magnetron Sputtering Deposition System , Direct Plating Cooper On LED Ceramic Substrates
1. Ultimate Vacuum Pressure: better than 5.0×10-6 Torr.
2. Operating Vacuum Pressure: 1.0×10-4 Torr.
3. Pumpingdown Time: from 1 atm to 1.0×10-4 Torr≤ 3 minutes ( room temperature, dry, clean and empty chamber)
4. Metalizing material (sputtering + Arc evaporation): Ni, Cu, Ag, Au, Ti, Zr, Cr etc.
5. Operating Model: Full Automatically /Semi-Auto/ Manually
The vacuum coating machine contains key completed system listed below:
1. Vacuum Chamber
2. Rouhging Vacuum Pumping System (Backing Pump Package)
3. High Vacuum Pumping System ( Magnetically Suspension Molecular Pump)
4. Electrical Control and Operation System
5. Auxiliarry Facility System (Sub System)
6. Deposition System
Copper Sputtering Coating Machine Key Features
1. Equipped with 8 steer arc cathodes and DC Sputtering Cathodes, MF Sputtering Cathodes, Ion source unit.
2. Multilayer and co-deposition coating available
3. Ion source for plasma cleaning pre-treatment and Ion-beam assisted deposition to enhance the film adhesion.
4. Ceramic/ Al2O3/AlN substrates heating up unit;
5. Substrate rotation and revolution system, for 1-side coating and 2-sides coating.
The DPC named Direct Plated Copper, also known as Directly Copper Plating Substrates. The DPC process:
1. Firstly, get Copper plated on ceramic substrate directly with PVD technology. It contains plasma cleaning, cooper sputtering deposition steps, which generate a layer of thin copper layer on ceramic chips;
2. Secondly is the exposure, development, etching, film removing flow chart;
3. At last, use the electroplating/chemical plating process to increase the deposition film thickness until the photoresist is removed, the metalization process is finished.
DPC process ceramic substrate features:
1. Much lower production cost.
2. Outstanding thermal management and heat-transfer performance
3. Accurate alignment and pattern design,
4. High circuit density
5. Good adhesion and solderability
Due to these advanced performance, the DPC substrates are widely used in various applications:
High brightness LED to increase the long life time because of its high heat radiation performance, Semiconductor equipment, microwave wireless communication, military electronics, various sensor substrates, aerospace, railway transportation, electricity power , etc
RTAC1215-SP equipment is exclusively designed for DPC process which get the cooper layer on substrates. This equipment utilizes PVD physical vapor deposition principle, with multi-arc ion plating and magnetron sputtering techniques to obtain the ideal film with high density, high abrasion resistance, high hardness and strong binding in high vacuum environment. It is the crucial step for rest DPC process.
Ion Source Plasma Cleaning
Please contact us for more specifications, Royal Technology is honored to provide you total coating solutions.