Royal Technology Multi950
——PVD + PECVD Vacuum Deposition Machine
he Multi950 machine is a customized multiple function vacuum deposition system for R&D.
After intense exchanges with Shanghai University’s team lead by Professor Chen, we finally confirmed the design and configuration to fulfil their R&D applications. This system is able to deposit transparent DLC film with the PECVD process, hard coatings on tools, and optical film with sputtering cathode. Based on this pilot machine design concept, we have developed 3 other coating systems afterwards:
1. Bipolar Plate Coating for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles- FCEV1213
2. Ceramic Direct Plated Copper- DPC1215
3. Flexible Sputtering System- Copper PCB Gold Plating System
These 3 machines all have an Octagonal chamber, which allow flexible and reliable performances in various applications. It satisfies the coating processes and requires many different metal layers: Al, Cr, Cu, Au, Ag, Ni, Sn, SS and many other non-ferromagnetic metals. Plus the Ion source unit, efficiently enhances films adhesion on different substrate materials with its plasma etching performance and, the PECVD process to deposit some carbon-based layers.
The Multi950 is the milestone of advanced design coating systems for Royal Technology. Thanks to students of Shanghai University and Professor Yigang Chen leading them with his creative and selfless dedication, were we able to convert his valuable information into a state of the art machine.
In the year 2018, we had another project cooperation with Professor Chen,
the C-60 material deposition by Inductive thermal evaporation method.
Mr. Yimou Yang and Professor Chen were fundamental for these innovative projects.
1. Flexibility: Arc and sputtering cathodes, Ion source mounting flanges are standardized for flexible exchange
2. Versatility: It can deposit a variety of base metals and alloys; optical coatings, hard coatings, soft coatings, compound films and solid lubricating films on the metallic and non-metallic materials substrates
3. Straight forward design: 2-door structure, front & rear opening for easy maintenance
Deposition chamber (mm)
Diameter x Height: φ950 x 1350
Deposition Sources : 1 pair of MF sputtering cathodes
1 pair of PECVD
8 sets arc cathodes
1 set Linear Ion Source
Plasma Uniformity Zone (mm): φ650 x H750
Carousel: 6 xφ300
Powers (KW) Bias: 1 x 36
MF Sputtering Power (KW): 1 x 36
PECVD (KW): 1 x36
Arc (KW): 8 x 5
Ion Source (KW): 1 x 5
Gas Control System MFC: 4 + 1
Heating System: 18KW, up to 500℃, with thermal couple PID control
High Vacuum Gate Valve: 2
Turbo molecular pump: 2 x 2000L/S
Roots Pump: 1 x 300L/S
Rotary Vanes Pump: 1 x 90 m³/h + 1 x 48 m³/h
Footprint (L x W x H ) mm: 3000 * 4000 * 3200
Total Power (KW): 150
Built Time: 2015
Location: Shanghai University, China