TiN gold MetalMid-Frequency Magnetron Sputtering Coating Machine / MF Sputtering System
Magnetron Sputtering Vacuum Coating is a type of PVD Ion Plating surface treatment menthod. It can be used for the production of conducting or non conducting films, on many types materials: metals, glass, ceramic, plastic, metal alloy. The sputtering deposition concept: the coating material (target, also named cathode) and the work pieces (substrates, also called anode) are placed into the vacuum chamber and the pressure is reduced. Sputtering is initiated by placing the target under a voltage differintial and introducing Argon gas that form argon ions (glow discharge). The argon ions accelerate toward the process target and displace target atoms. These sputtering atoms are then condensed onto the substrate and form very thin and high uniformity layer. Various colors can be achieved by introducing reactive gases like, nitrogen, oxgen, or acetylene into hte sputter gass during coating process.
Magnetron Sputtering Models: DC Sputtering, MF Sputtering, RF Sputtering
What is MF Sputtering?
Compared with DC and RF sputtering, Mid-Frequency sputtering has become a main thin film sputtering technique for mass production of coating, particularly for the film deposition of dielectric and non-conductive film coatings on surfaces such as optical coatings, solar panels, multiple layers, composite material film etc.
It is replacing RF sputtering due to it operated with kHz rather than MHz for a much faster deposition rate and also can avoid the Target poisoning during compound thin film deposition like DC.
MF sputtering targets always existed with two-sets. Two cathodes are used with an AC current switched back and forth between them which cleans the target surface with each reversal to reduce the charge build up on dielectrics that leads to arcing which can spew droplets into the plasma and prevent uniform thin film growth--- which is what we called Target Poisoning.
MF Sputtering System Performance
1. Ultimate Vacuum Pressure: better than 5.0×10-6 Torr.
2. Operating Vacuum Pressure: 1.0×10-4 Torr.
3. Pumpingdown Time: from 1 atm to 1.0×10-4 Torr≤ 3 minutes ( room temperature, dry, clean and empty chamber)
4. Metalizing material (sputtering + Arc evaporation): Ni, Cu, Ag, Au, Ti, Zr, Cr, TiN, TiC, TiAlN, CrN, CrC, etc.
5. Operating Model: Full Automatically /Semi-Auto/ Manually
MF Sputtering System Structure
The vacuum coating machine contains key completed system listed below:
1. Vacuum Chamber
2. Rouhging Vacuum Pumping System (Backing Pump Package)
3. High Vacuum Pumping System ( Magnetically Suspension Molecular Pump)
4. Electrical Control and Operation System
5. Auxiliarry Facility System (Sub System)
6. Deposition System: MF sputtering cathode, MF power supply, Bias Power Supply Ion source for optional