Magnetron Sputtering is widely used to deposit refractory metals like tantalum, titanium, tungsten, niobium, which would require very high temperatures of deposition, and precious metals: Gold and Silver and which is also used for deposition of lower melting points metals like copper, aluminum, nickle, chrome etc.
Tantalum is most used in the electronic industry as a protective coating because of its good resistance to erosion.
Applications of Sputtered Tantalum thin film:
1. Microelectronics industry as the films can be reactively sputtered and thus resistivity and temperature coefficient of resistance can be controlled;
- Medical instruments like body implants for its highly biocompatability property;
- Coatings on corrosion resistant parts, such as thermowells, valve bodies, and fasteners;
- Sputtered tantalum can be also be used as an effective corrosion resistance barrier if the coating is continuous, defected and is adherent to the substrate is intended to protect.
- A standardized trolley is applied which allows easy and safe loading/unloading of the substrate holders and work pieces in/out of the deposition chamber
- The system is safety interlocked to prevent incorrect operation or unsafe practices
- The substrate heaters are provided which mounted in the center of chamber, PID controlled thermocouple for high accuracy, to enhance the condense film’s adhesion
- Strong vacuum pumps configurations with Magnetically suspension molecular pump via gate valve connected to chamber; backed with Leybold’s roots pump and two stage rotary vane pump, mechanical pump.
- High energy ionized plasma source is applied with this system to guarantee the uniformity and density.
Royal Technology’s standardized Tantalum sputtering deposition system:
Pulsed DC magnetron sputtering
Cathodic arc plating (for option, determined by coating process)
||Stainless Steel (S304)
||D shape, cylindrical chamber
|ROTATION RACK & JIG SYSTEM
||Satellite driving or central driving system
DC Sputtering Power Supply: 2~4 sets
Bias Power supply: 1 set
Ion Source: 1 set
||Ta, Ti/Cr/TiAl, Au, Ag, Cu etc.
||Planar Sputtering Cathodes + circular arc cathodes
||PLC(Programmable Logic Controller) + IPC
( manual+ auto+ semi-auto operation models)
||Rotary Vane Pump: SV300B – 1 set (Leybold)
|Roots Pump: WAU1001 – 1 set (Leybold)
|Holding Pump: D60C – 1 set (Leybold)
|Magnetic Suspension Molecular Pump:
MAG2200 – 2 sest (Leybold)
|GAS MASS FLOW CONTROLLER
||2 channels: Ar and N2
||Inficon or Leybold
||Numerous safety interlocks to protect operators and equipmen
||Heaters: 20KW. Max. temp.: 450℃
||Industrial Chiller (Cold Water)
|AVERAGE POWER CONSUMPTION
||45 KW (Approx.)
||( L*W*H) 4000*4000 *3600 MM
AC 380V/3 phases/50HZ / 5 line
Built Time: 2018
Please contact us for more applications and specifications.