PVD Coatings on Medical Instrument Industry Application
- Bio-compatible Medical PVD Coating
Experienced surface treatment and PVD coater for medical instruments, orthopedics, probes, alignment devices, implants and surgical cutting tools. Coatings are bio-compatible and acceptable for use with external and internal devices that come in contact with skin, tissue, bone and blood.
- Coating Properties
- Improved wear resistance
- Reduced friction
- Decorative colors & aesthetic
- Chemical barrier
- Nickel Sensitivity
- Saline Solutions
- Bio-compatible Coating Films
TiN and ZrN family of gold thin coatings for specialized medical devices and instruments.
TiAlN, AlTiN, AlTiSiN, CrN, TiCN, ALCrN family of medical coatings for cutting tools and specialized applications.
DLC coatings on the medical equipment for a very low co-efficiant of friction.
( a-C:H DLC):
||Coefficient of Friction
The data generated from laboratory samples. Coating films properties may vary depending on customer’s material, surface condition ( high polished or others) and products 3D geometry.
Titanium nitride (TiN) coating is clinically being used on orthopedic implants for hip, knee, shoulder and ankle replacements as well as dental implants, brain and ear implants etc. Bio-compatibility: non-toxic.
- Available Products Materials: ABS, PEEK, PU, PPS and PC; stainless steel, Titanium, steel alloys etc.
- Improved instrument performance
- Create distinct color identification, improve your product competition from others.
- Decrease friction and improve wear resistance: for example 0.35 VS 0.7 for un-coated steel.
- Oxidation and Corrosion Resistance
- Barrier layer for various solutions and environmental exposures.
PVD Coating Machine Models
1) Arc Cathode Plating
2) Magnetron Sputtering Coating
3) Arc + Sputtering Coating.
4)Royal Technology recommends our standard machine: RTAC (RTAS)1000
***Both machine equips with linear ion source for surface etching and PAPVD (Plasma Assisted Deposition ) ***
1) Customer provide the products sizes, material, surface treatment before PVD coating; and productivity for a equipment size recommendation.
2) Samples coating required by customer can be satisfied.
3) Customers are very welcomed to inspect our company and have a visiting in our customer’s site to learn the whole coating process.
Medical Instruments Functional Coating Machine
The medical instruments functional coating machine is perfect combination of arc and sputtering cathodes, plus the linear ion source device is available for plastic material parts surface etching before deposiiton.
Benefits: eco-environment, easy to operate, compact foot print, low cost of owner ship, fast substrate exchange.
Coating Colors: gold, black, brown, grey, Chrome colors etc. Gold Colors: TiN, ZrN, TiN+Au, ZrN+Au
Rose Gold Colors: TiCN, TiAlN, TiCN+Au-Cu, TiAlN+Au, Cu
Chrome colors: CrN, Ti, Cr
Gray Colors: stainless steel, stainless steel (N)
Brown Colors TiCN, TiAlCN, ZrC
Blue Color: TiO, CrO, TiALN
Black Colors: TiC, TiC+iC, TiCN, TiAlN, TiAlCN
4. Coatings Advantages: high shiny and bright colors, strong adhesion & excellent scratch protection, fast deposition rate, good diffraction etc.
Key completed system listed below:
B.Vacuum Pumping System
Roughing Vacuum Pumping System ( Mechanical Pump + Roots Pump)
High Vacuum Pumping System (Diffusion Pump or Turbo Molecular Pump)
C.Vacuum Measuring and Control System
D.Rotational Rack System
E. Deposition System
F.Electrical Control and Operation System
G.Water Cooling and Gas Distribution System
|Effective Chamber Size
||Φ1000 x H1000mm
||Cylinder Arc Sources+ Sputtering Cathodes( Planar/Cylinder Sputters for option) +Linear Ion Source
Vacuum Pumping System ( Leybold Pumps + Turbo Molecular Pump)
|SV300B *1 set (300m³/hr)
|TRP48*1 set (48m³/hr)
Turbo Molecular Pumps:
1 set (3500L/S)
|Sputtering Power Supply
|Arc Power Supply
|Bias Power Supply
||6/8 planetary axis for selection
||9.0*10-4Pa (empty, clean,room temperature)
|Working Power Requirement
3Phase 5 lines
||Recycle cooling water, industrial water chiller + EDI purified water device
|Processing Gas (99.99%)
|Total Power Consumption(Approx.)
|Actual Power Consumption(Approx.)
Layout- Top View
Layout- Front View
Machine Operation HMI Pages – Auto Coating Process
Please contact us NOW with your demand. Royal Technology Team provides the suitable coating solutions and machine.